Associate Planning & Development
ECONorthwest, a leading west coast economics consulting firm, has an immediate opening for up to two full-time mid -level Associate positions in its Planning and Development practice. ECONorthwest is a 60-person consulting firm with offices in Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Boise, Bend, and Eugene.
ECONorthwest is seeking experienced professionals with two to ten years of professional experience. Depending on experience and interest, these staff will support or manage projects on topics relating to urban planning, housing policy, transit-oriented development, economic development, real estate development and market analysis, land use policy development, and plan implementation strategies. Successful applicants will work on multiple projects and proposal efforts simultaneously while balancing time and resources across projects.
We are committed to the work of improving our diversity and inclusivity both within our organization and in the communities where we work. Our best work draws on teams within and beyond ECONorthwest who have diverse backgrounds and experiences that reflect the diverse communities in which we work. We encourage applicants who would expand the diversity of lived experiences and perspectives within our team.
- A master’s degree in urban planning, economics, public policy, real estate, business administration or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of professional experience in urban planning, housing policy, economic development, real estate development, or local government.
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, with an interest in the economics of development and the public policy that enables development
- Familiarity with relevant public policy issues: zoning and land use, housing affordability, and real estate development.
- Awareness of the historical inequities that have often resulted from traditional land use planning processes.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Familiarity with land use planning and housing policy
- Dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
- Collaborative, flexible, and willing to perform a diversity of tasks
Desired Qualifications and Skills
We are hiring for multiple positions and understand that no one candidate will have all these skills and qualifications.
- Experience or knowledge of state level housing policies and regulations in Washington, California, or Oregon.
- Experience or knowledge of local land use policies and development regulations, such as interpretation or evaluation of zoning code and entitlements.
- Experience conducting technical analyses such as real estate research, development feasibility analysis, housing analysis, or market analysis.
- Experience facilitating client and stakeholder meetings and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Experience with spatial analysis and data visualization.
- Experience working in a consulting or public sector context.
Portland, Bend, Seattle, or Los Angeles.
The salary for this full-time position will be commensurate with experience and market rates, roughly ranging from $70,000 to $85,000. This position is eligible for full company benefits.
Open until filled.
Established in 1974, ECONorthwest has over three decades of experience helping clients make sound decisions based on rigorous economic, planning and financial analysis. ECONorthwest provides professional economics, planning, and financial consulting services and expert testimony for a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States and worldwide.
Positions are exempt full-time. The selected candidate would be benefits eligible. ECONorthwest offers competitive wages and generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and paid holidays.
ECONorthwest is not a sponsoring organization.
ECONorthwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.