Federal Proposal and Contracts Administrator
ECONorthwest has an immediate opening for a full-time Federal Proposal & Contracts Administrator in our Seattle office. You will perform complex pursuit coordination and contract administration for projects with the federal government and, to a lesser extent, with state and local government clients. This position will serve as the coordinator for responding to federal procurement actions (sources sought, requests for proposal, etc.), ensuring adherence with federal procurement and contracting policies and procedures, with a strong emphasis on compliance. The position may also support the firm’s overall contracting function. Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Collaborate with ECONorthwest staff to identify federal procurement opportunities where our firm can deliver substantial and competitive value.
- Coordinate all aspects of federal proposal development and delivery in collaboration with ECONorthwest technical staff and teaming members.
- Review complex solicitations.
- Lead proposal strategy sessions regarding pricing narratives, risk assessments and go-no-go conversations, and proposal submission requirements for federal and state/local customers.
- Lead proposal development processes, including planning, organizing, scheduling, ensuring compliance, writing, preparing and communicating status reports, critiquing and making improvement recommendations, coordinating and assisting in proposal production, and leading all related tasks necessary to compete for and win contract awards.
- Support the negotiation of contract awards and modifications.
- Administer ongoing federal projects; ensure compliance with contracts and regulations. Review all contractual documents for conformance to regulations, policies, and protocol. These include Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements, Blanket Purchase Agreements, GSA Contracts and Orders, IDIQ Contracts, MSA and Subcontractor Agreements.
- Administers GSA Schedule and state level contracts to include preparation of modifications (e.g., adding products and/or SINs).
- Develop and maintain relationships with public sector buyers and contracting officers. Serves as primary point of contact with procuring agencies, including during GSA Schedule audits. Attend GSA and GWAC related industry meetings, conferences, trainings or participate in organizations.
- Develop and implement firmwide procedures and best practices that improve our firm’s efficiency and success with federal and other large-scale public projects. Improve and streamline reporting processes. Evaluate business process implications of system requirements and assesses possible redesign recommendations.
- Meet contractual reporting requirements in a timely manner (e.g. GSA Schedule Sales, Industrial Funding Fee (IFF), Subcontracting, etc.)
- Other administrative duties as assigned, including support for ECONorthwest’s overall contracting function.
- Knowledge of:
- Large scale procurement and public works contracting methods and procedures
- Federal and state procurement requirements, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Rules, regulations, laws, and best practices related to small business, W/MBE, and DBE inclusion
- Ability to:
- Lead and facilitate multiple federal contracts from inception to close-out
- Maintain effective working relationships with project managers, contract officers, contracting officer technical representatives, and subcontractors
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Listen and ascertain the needs of clients; find and communicate accurate information concerning process, policies, and procedures; understand and explain the breadth of technical services provided by ECONorthwest; and communicate tactfully and courteously
- Exercise considerable independent judgement and initiative
- Thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with many deadlines
- Be dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
- Be willing and able to flexibly support a growing firm as it moves into new work
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or closely related field.
- Three or more years of experience and success pursing contracts and ensuring compliance in a federal contracting environment.
- Three years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a consulting or public sector setting.
Compensation for the position will be commensurate with qualifications and market rates.
This position is exempt, full-time (generally Monday through Friday, 8am–5pm). ECONorthwest offers a competitive salary and generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and paid holidays.
ECONorthwest is not a sponsoring organization. ECONorthwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A complete application will include a cover letter, current resume, and a list of references.